Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I KNOW YOU ARE, BUT WHAT AM I?

My brain lies dormant on the floor with that same antagonising gaze
“What are you gunna do?”
I try to kick it under the bed
It’s too full to fit
filled up with hopes and dreams.
“Don’t forget unattainable goals.”

I can’t silence its taunts
It seems we are linked
“Ha, you wish.”

My cupboard offers the chance to shut it away
It slips of a coat hanger and falls to the floor.

Now I have a headache
“I’m sorry, don’t hurt us, we can do something I’m sure.”
What would be the point?

My brain slinks away defeated
Its attempts to rouse brilliance failed.
It won’t try it again
At least for a week.

We get along fine at parties
In fact we’re quite pleasant.
I can’t work it out.

It’s the day to day existence that gets us both down
“And the statistical truth of our lack lustre performance.”
Fuck you they’re just figures.
“The numbers don’t lie.”

Now we’re not talking and are mad with each other
Sitting inside room 21 b of the psychiatric ward explaining ourselves.

I open my mouth
Here come the drugs.

See they’re trying to change you
It is your fault.

But it’s too late
It gives no reply

I am numb
I am devoid

And I sleep like a lamb.


Luck

1 comment: