Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Eclipsed by booze, the dawn of man, and apocalyptic dinosaurs in no particular order

I gravitate toward the bar and am consumed by consumption
Out of the blue the being that you recognise is eclipsed.
A menacingly slow but steady, dark blurred version of myself begins to manifest on my face
I remain vaguely familiar, for a while at least.

You look away for a second to point me out to a friend
By the time you turn back it appears I’m completely gone
The crawling dark shift moved quicker than first glance had appeared
All you can see is the red faced glow on the periphery of my cheeks
Time seems to stand still.

You have seen it all before
But something in your nature shivers as you toy with the notion of the permanence
The alcohol apocalypse and the complete destruction of everything my mind knows
It doesn’t sit well with you.
You shake your head.

I spin into orbit like a shot up star only to re-enter seconds later crashing into the ground meteor style
Extinction.
Peace.

It’s the dawn of man now and I stumble to the cafe
A few people excitedly enquire if their peers had partaken in the under whelming marvel of yesterevening

I seek enlightenment from the baggage that weighs heavy on my mind
But the coffee gods are cruel and the breakfast sausage repeats.
I am reduced to nothing.
A man.
A quivering self-loathing mess.
Facing a porcelain hell designed for all kinds of horrible shit.
But why this?
Why me?
I’ll never do it again.
But I know I am powerless to stop the heavenly mind state and evening glow of the moonshine that calls to our kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment