Thursday, December 29, 2011

Languidge

Gobbledegook, higgledy-piggledy, piddles out of diddles and cats and their fiddles
Are all gone
The fanciful rainbow of language I used as a child has been replaced by a stark contrast

A vast cache of black and white text mixes together creating large clouds of linguistic grey
The very fabric of this rigid worded suit suits you but not I
Job applications
Vehicle registrations
Endless cv’s and all the shit in between

I hate it all

For me it is a horrible structure of rules and reading between lines

I rarely venture outside them for fear of failure, or cultural castration
And I can ill afford that

I must keep my literary balls intact so that I can one day breed contempt within your mind

But until then I stare skyward at the cumbersome cluttering creative less cloud and the tears of frustration within it like some kind of lamenting sucidal ex lover

If only I can hit those droplets at just the right angle and with lightness of word then the rainbows will return

But it won’t be today or even next week
The forecasted future is considerably bleak

But wait
That’s a rhyme
Maybe it’s a short time
Before roygbiv wording begins its arc climb

No comments:

Post a Comment