Monday, December 19, 2011

I look like an ass, hind sight

The precursor to becoming a pre curser presented itself like this
At first it was an observation
Then it became a thought
Ten seconds later it had descended into a judgement
A condemnation

I didn’t like the way that man confidently swaggered in the distance
A hundred metres away
Before I could even know him

Profanity spat like venom from my tongue
F you
S you
You filthy C
Or something along those lines

Fifty metres away I strode towards him like a beast
He gained pace
He came at me like a Minotaur on acid
It was on

Twenty metres
We both slowed and dropped our heads
Claws and horns withdrew
We morphed instantly back into our shameful human shape

As I passed my reflection in the shop window I hoped nobody had seen us

In hindsight and upon further reflection
I hate my eyesight and shop window reflections.

No comments:

Post a Comment