Monday, November 14, 2011

The only Krisening I require

My brother Kris
I loved you
I still do

Your toothy straight grin is clear as day in my mind’s eye
Like your grin I remember it cleaner than you probably were

A beautiful perceiver of human nature
Soft and warm like the morning sun
I want to be angry but the radiant splendour won’t allow such thought

I miss your eyes
We never hugged
I hope you knew I loved you
And still do

I have little concern for your homophobia these days
I even kissed your cold forehead in that pine box
I hope you weren't offended

I respected your person in terms I can’t explain
I hate thinking about your own self disbelief
It slices my stoic fabric with a cutting and haunting queasiness

I never got to tell you
Or make you believe you were your own version of a genius
You couldn’t write or do math
It didn’t matter
I count you amongst one of the most eloquently skilled, one liner, simplistic shit talkers I will ever meet.

I miss your stories
But I can’t remember your voice.

You were immaculate
Simple and perfectly alien in your environment
Much like that bare pine box that we carried out in
Your presence is still felt but your definition splinters away from memory

I have one picture
It isn’t enough

You’re still around
Don’t leave again
I love you

Your brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment