Monday, November 14, 2011

Champagne astrology on a wine budget

Dear me
That wine was swift
The stars spin in the night sky like they usually do
But faster

By my eye they don’t seem to be concerned with gravitational pulls, or orbits
Alarming?

No, not at all
They dance to the rhythm of my booze thinned blood
The same poisoned liquid that flows through my giddy grey matter
It entertains me and the stars alike.

It’s consumed them like madness
They wobble uncontrollably, swaying in front of my very eyes
Like moth vision, erratically trying to fly into numerous light bulb moons.

I will lie down for just a moment
Surely such astrological marvels come around only once in a weekend
I guess I am spoilt, or perhaps have a drinking problem.

The tar seal is still warm from the day’s radiance
I nod off for a moment
I am rudely awakened by an inconsiderate driver trying to use my bed as a road
What a prick.

It’s cold now
And the birds are welcoming the morning in the darkness
I must get home before the sun rises.
Until next time madness
See you next week.

1 comment: